You need to upload a unicode font to your Piwik server. See the FAQ: How do I enable unicode characters (Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Hebrew, Arabic, etc.) in graphs in PDF/HTML reports and Piwik Mobile graphs?
Graphs aren’t displayed if you use Piwik Mobile 1.5 or earlier. Please update Piwik server to the latest version.If you still don’t see any graphs in Piwik Mobile ask your Administrator to open the Piwik “Plugin Management” page which can be found under settings. Make sure the “ImageGraph” is activated. Within the description of the plugin there is also a link to verify graphs are working. Just click the “Debug: All images” link. If graphs are not displayed there, the error is caused by your Piwik installation and not by Piwik Mobile. Make sure all required extensions, for example GD, are installed.
Android devices version 2.2+ and all iOS devices version 4+ (iPad, iPhone und iPod Touch).
The app should work on Kindle Fire devices but we cannot guarantee this. Therefore, we don’t distribute the app via Amazon’s Appstore for Android. Instead, you can download the app below.
Yes, you can download older versions from this link: http://builds.piwik.org/. Just look for *.apk files. Other versions are available below:
- Piwik Mobile 2.0.1 for Android 4+
- Piwik Mobile 2.0 for Android 4+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9.6 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9.5 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9.4 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9.3 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9.2 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9.1 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.9 for Android 2.2+
- Piwik Mobile 1.8 for Android 2.2+
Try to disable developer options, for instance “do not keep activities”, in Android settings, see https://jira.appcelerator.org/browse/TIMOB-12939 .
Please check the following steps to troubleshoot your Piwik Mobile app:
- Is your internet connection active?
- Is your Url to Piwik Server entered correctly?
- Have you entered the correct login and password?
- Is there any unwanted characters – spaces for example – in the Piwik Url, username or password?
- Does your Piwik user have at least “View” permission for one website?
- Do you use the LDAP plugin? Unfortunately, the LDAP plugin does currently not support to log in via API
If you want to add a Piwik installation which is protected via basic access authentication (for example using a .htaccess file), you just have to add the username and password to the Piwik Server URL between the protocol and domain like this:
Note: we highly recommend to use https so you don’t send your password in plain text over the wire.
There are two known issues:
- A few icons are not displayed if you use a secure protocol (https) with a self signed or an invalid certificate.
- Icons won’t be displayed if you have a permanent redirect from http to https with a self signed or an invalid certificate.
Piwik Mobile doesn’t store your password on the device but your “authToken”. The “authToken” is as secret as your login and password. Other users are able to get access to your Piwik installation with this token.The solution is to change your password within Piwik if you’ve lost your device. Piwik generates another “tokenAuth” for your account and the “tokenAuth” stored on your device is no longer valid. Make sure not to choose the same password as before.Though you can protect your installation by just changing your password, it is good practice to create a new account just for Piwik Mobile. This account only requires view access.
Please look at the list of opened tickets for the Piwik Mobile app. If your suggestion or bug is not in the list, you can register on Trac and create a new ticket with as much information as you can.
Be sure we have lots of ideas how to improve Piwik Mobile in the future! We plan to unify Piwik and Piwik Mobile more and more. There is also the idea that you browse some statistics in the web and when you open the mobile app, you will be able to continue browsing on the same report and website. For a better dashboard integration we also want to implement more widgets, for instance “Real time visitor count”. In addition, we will optimize the version for different form factors. For instance displaying more data on tablets where there is more space available, to give you the information you want even faster. Of course there are also some great core features waiting to be integrated in Piwik Mobile such as “Segmentation”.
Stay tuned & Happy analytics on the go!