To backup Piwik:
- Regularly backup the Mysql database containing Piwik tables (eg. using an existing Mysql backup script)
- Regularly backup the file piwik/config/config.ini.php
To restore a Piwik backup:
- Import the Mysql backup data in a new Mysql database you have created
- Download the latest version of Piwik, unzip and upload
- Copy the file config.ini.php from the backup into your new piwik setup. You might have to edit the database connection settings in the file if they have changed.
- Visit Piwik and check that everything is working correctly!
Thanks for contacting us! We will get in touch with you shortly.