Piwik Mobile 1.8
We are proud to announce that Piwik Mobile 1.8 is now available!
List of new features and changes in this Piwik Mobile release 1.8
- Custom date range selection #3058
- Added date chooser in “Visitor Log” #2917. This makes it possible to look at visitors from past days.
- High resolution images for iPad 3 #3025
- Rating dialog, more info below #3020
- Fixed Piwik installations having a self signed certificate are neither able to see graphs nor sparklines #2842
- Many changes were done to be fully compatible with the latest version of the underlying SDK Titanium Mobile.
This brings again performance improvements, bug fixes and better memory management. #3113
- Other minor bugfixes and improvements
- Displayed date range is possibly not correct if “to-Date” is set to today. This is a bug in Piwik, see #3074
- Android: Some text fields have focus issues in “Add account screen” — you have to tap a textfield twice before updating its value.
More info about this release
Possibility to select a custom date range
A major new feature is the possibility to select a custom date range. We had to completely change the date picker in order to make this possible and tried many different layouts. The challenge was to stay consistent while keeping it very simple for when the ‘range’ period is not used.
Piwik installations with self signed certificates
We are very happy to have found a workaround for users having a self signed certificate. It was not possible to view graphs or sparklines for such users in previous versions. Unfortunately, we were not able to apply this patch for icons displayed in “Visitor Log” and “Visitors in Real Time”. Be sure we’ll fix this as soon as possible.
Another change is the introduction of the rating dialog cause your opinion and feedback is very important to us. We do display a “rating dialog” on every 40th app start from now on. Don’t worry, you have the possibility to discard the appearance of the dialog so it displays again, or hide it by giving us an honest rating and feedack comment!
Feel free to send us feature wishes, bug reports, wireframes, mockups or even layouts. We can improve Piwik Mobile much better with your feedback!