You can configure Piwik to use GMAIL as the mailserver. To do so, login as Super User, go to Administration > General Settings, and configure the form as follows:
- Use SMTP server for e-mail: YES
- SMTP server address: smtp.gmail.com
- SMTP Port: 465
- Authentication method for SMTP: Login
- SMTP username: your gmail username
- SMTP password: your gmail password
- SMTP encryption: SSL
Also you need to go in to Gmail and enable the option “Allow Less Secure Apps” here. Stay assured Piwik is still absolutely secure.
All Piwik emails (Scheduled PDF Reports, Password reset confirmation, etc.) will now be sent using Gmail servers.