By default Piwik creates tables in your Mysql database with InnoDB table engine. Sometimes if you manage a high traffic Piwik instance you may want to use Piwik with TokuDB table engine instead of InnoDB. Currently Piwik does not let the user select TokuDB during the installation process. However you can follow these simple steps to install Piwik with TokuDB:
- Upload the latest Piwik release to your server
- Before you install Piwik, modify the
config/global.ini.phpfile, and under
[database]section change from
type = InnoDBto
type = TokuDB
- Install Piwik by going through the few steps. Piwik will create your tables with the TokuDB engine.
- After the installation is successful, edit on your server the
config/config.ini.phpfile and below
[database]add a new line:
type = TokuDB.
- Enjoy your high performance Piwik Analytics service!