Are you ready for General Data Protection Regulation? The GDPR is all about giving EU citizens control over their personal data, by ensuring companies in Europe and worldwide will process the personal data of European citizens carefully and following best practices and strict rules.
How to make your Piwik installation GDPR compliant?
To be Piwik GDPR compliant your company will need to follow new guidelines and processes, such as:
- Making sure employees are familiar with the risks and challenges around use of personal data within Piwik
- Review and identify how your current work processes may be affected by the new GDPR
- Understand the data you are collecting with Piwik and have access to,
- Implement and enforce data retention policies and how to collect data while respecting your customers privacy (for example using automated anonymisation capabilities)
- Communicate with your customers transparently, and offering them choice such as asking for consent, offering to opt-out, or ability to erase their personal data.
We offer solutions and services to help you have a Piwik configuration ready for GDPR compliance. As the world leaders when it comes to privacy and customer data, we are looking forward to providing you support our analytics platform which helps you achieve GDPR compliance easily.