What’s new in Piwik 2.14.1?
In this release we have focused on fixing a few regressions reported in the last major release Piwik 2.14.0, as well as 27 other small improvements. As always we – the Piwik team – are very interested to hear your feedback!
27 tickets have been closed by 6 contributors.
After You Update
- Use the forums if you have any question or feedback (free support),
- Please help us spread the word about Piwik! Maybe you can write about the project on your blog, website, twitter, talk about Piwik Analytics at conferences, or let your friends and colleagues know what is Piwik. Already 1,000,000+ websites have liberated their web analytics, and with your help we can grow the community!
- To improve Piwik in your language consider contributing to translations,
This release does not contain any major database upgrade.
Piwik is an open analytics platform. In an effort to help Piwik developers learn about improvements and changes in the core APIs, we document the changes since the last release.
In this 2.14.1 release there were no change in the platform. Read more in Platform Changelog for Developers to see all changes to the platform and APIs (you can also find it in the CHANGELOG.md in the root of your Piwik).
Note: the Marketplace showcases more than 45 plugins extending Piwik but we think this is just the beginning!
New and updated guides and FAQs
List of 27 tickets closed in Piwik 2.14.1
- #8331 Do not perform an inner join when looking for archives to purge, it does not scale. [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #8321 Embedding widgets with token_auth does not work anymore [by @sgiehl, @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #8324 API: make parameter filter_excludelowpop_value work in all cases [by @mattab, @diosmosis]
- #8312 Web cron archive.php is not working in some cases [by @mattab]
- #8311 misc/others/api_internal_call.php is broken [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #8289 Apache Error 500 in case of Detected browser engine was not found in $availableEngines [by @sgiehl]
- #8272 Do not use INI [proxy] settings when connecting to localhost or 127.0.0.1 [by @mattab]
- #8257 Site Search report does not display tooltips with metrics documentation [by @barbushin, @mattab]
- #8245 Mobile Messaging shows error message when changing setting
- #8244 Adding/Editing a new goal doesn’t update its “state” and some UI issues
- #8243 Visitor map NaN error in browser console
- #7969 Quotes in goal names are over-escaped [by @diosmosis, @mattab]
- #7768 Browser info tooltip doesnt hide [by @barbushin, @mattab]
- #7382 Cannot click links in visitor-log-lightbox [by @barbushin, @mattab]
- #8305 Make Auto update buttons bigger
- #8350 Update to Kartograph 0.8.2 [by @barbushin, @mattab]
- #8343 Adding PRIVACY.md file to document various ways to improve Privacy for visitors and Piwik admins [by @mattab, @diosmosis]
- #8283 Update to Kartograph 0.8.2 [by @barbushin, @mattab]
- #8248 Fixes duplication `onchange` event for `radio` elements [by @barbushin, @mattab]
- #8229 Add OptOutManager [by @Zeichen32, @mattab]
- #8220 Document the possible issue with data not being tracked and SSL certificates / net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE
- #8208 Use translated plugin description if available [by @sgiehl, @mattab]
- #8188 Allow to test all API endpoints using SystemTestCase::runApiTests [by @mattab]
- #7698 Improve logging for “unexpected website” [by @mattab]
- #8334 [automatic translation update] Updated 306 strings in 16 languages (sk, de, es, nb, sv, sl, el, fr, it, bg, cs, ko, nl, nn, pt, sq) [by @sgiehl]
Did you know you can get involved in the project? Piwik needs you to create the best open analytics platform!