- more than 30 bug fixes (we fixed most of the open bugs!)
- you can publish your stats in widgets (embedded in iframe) for all existing widgets. Click on the widget link on the top of the screen (example of such a widget below)
- you can now select the language from the User Interface
- … and choose between 12 available languages: English, Deutsch, Espańol, Français, Italiano, ??? (japanese), Nederlands, Polski, Portuguęs, ??????? (Russian), and ?????????? (Ukrainian).
If you want to translate Piwik into your language or contribute to an existing translations, please contact Noah (our awesome translation coordinator) on translations (at) piwik.org
- Piwik now detects Google Chrome
- … and looks nice in Chrome/Safari
- the Installer will now create the MySQL DB for you
- and we’ve introduced an Upgrade mechanism, so you can now easily upgrade from any version to the very latest that’s available.
Most of these changes were already available in SVN and beta testers were enjoying them for a while, but we wanted to wait to finalize the Upgrade mechanism before releasing it publicly (so you can all upgrade easily).
How can I show widgets of my Piwik web analytics reports?
Just click on “Widgetize” on the top of your Piwik (or here for a demo) and simply preview the available widgets! Here is the widget that lists your unique visitors by country:
Note: for your reports to be publicly available you have to give anonymous users the right to view your reports (in Admin > Users).
How do I upgrade Piwik?
To upgrade Piwik, simply download the latest available version. Extract the .zip, upload the new Piwik files by overwriting your existing Piwik files and making sure your config/config.ini.php stays unchanged (it should by default). Go to yourwebsite.com/your/piwik/ and click on continue. You’re done! 🙂
How do I know which version of Piwik I’m using?
If you look in the HTML source of Piwik you’ll see a META tag with the version number:
<meta name="generator" content="Piwik 0.2.16" />
If you can’t see this tag then you are using Piwik <= 0.2.9. If this is the case, we strongly recommend that you update to the latest version (download).
How do I know when new versions are released?
Subscribe to the Changelog page RSS feed. You can also suscribe to the blog (by rss or email – see the sidebar of this blog), or to register to the piwik-hackers mailing list (more info on the developer section). We will be adding an update check mechanism in Piwik so that you are notified when new versions of Piwik are published directly in the Piwik UI.
What’s coming next?
We are aiming to fix more open bugs in the next releases and introduce an Update check in the UI so that you are notified when new versions are published. We are also working on a couple of other exciting new features (stay tuned on the blog for more details!).
Screenshot of the current release:
For any feedback, suggestion or messages of love, please contact us at email@example.com