Piwik is an international open source project, we are happy to announce that you will soon use Piwik in your native language!
Thanks to the work of Maciej Zawadziński, Piwik is now ready to be translated.
Do you use Piwik and your mother tongue is not english?
You can help us translate Piwik in your own language. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us which language you would like to translate Piwik in.
Do you want to be part of the Piwik team as “Translation coordinator”?
We are looking for someone who would coordinate the translation efforts. You would have to talk to the translators, make sure their translations are up to date whenever possible, help new translators. When several people speaking the same language want to help us with translations, you would ask them to review the existing translation.
It’s a great way to participate in Piwik without tech-development knowledge! 🙂 Contact us if interested.
How does it technically work?
Translations strings are located in files in the /lang/ directory and in every plugin.
- Copy the english files, rename them using your country 2 letters locale code ; eg. “fr.php”
- Translate the strings
- Edit your configuration file config/global.inc.php and change the “current” value in the [Language] section using your 2 letters language iso code.
- Check all your translations, and make sure they make sense in context
- Send us a patch containing the translation files (see How to create a patch?)
What features is coming in the future?
- support for right to left languages
- support for graph labels translations