This is the roadmap for the Piwik project and lists what we plan to achieve in the short and long term. Our vision is for Piwik to be the leading open platform for analytics, giving you full control over your data.
Learn below what we are planning for Piwik next!
Short term goals: within 3 months
- Android SDK for Mobile App Analytics #4733
- Dependency Injection #4917
- A/B Testing: launch crowdfunding campaign #459
- A/B Testing product
- Finalise Developer guides #4456
- Device-Detector will replace UserSettings #3962
Mid term goals: within 1 to 2 years
- Measure (any) Things #4734: measure much more than websites, mobile apps and ecommerce!
- Make Piwik Accessible #4167
- Web form analytics #562
- Data dashboard, Import metrics
- Use Piwik to track Piwik app #4589
- Customer Journeys: Goal Funnels
- Improve community forum discussions
- Use AngularJS for Visualisations
- Free Piwik Cloud for Open Source projects
Long term goals: within 3 to 5 years
- Multiple Database backends
- Awesome Real Time reporting #2439
- API usage Analytics #4178
- IT infrastructure monitoring
- Recommendation engine
- Integrations with leading CRMs and marketing tools.
- Custom Reports
- Pivot table #4776
- Compare data for two different dates in tables, charts and reports #291
- Use AngularJS everywhere
- Move more logic from core to plugins
- Refactor all SQL into models
- Plugin development contest
- Paid plugins in the Marketplace
- Open source Tag manager
- Actionable analytics
- Offline data tracking, Retail shop analytics
- Piwik Big data?
These projects from the Roadmap have been released recently:
- User ID
- Count number of users viewing several websites: Plugin InterSites
- Advanced Content Tracking
- Survey of Piwik community
- Migrate tickets to user friendly ticket system
#5273(Piwik migrated to Github issues)
- Zen Mode, to let you focus
- Events Tracking
- Custom Alerts
- Data Insights [beta]
- Movers and Shakers
(last update in 2014, Sept)
If you like what you see, you can get involved… Piwik needs you. We appreciate your comments on the linked tickets or in the forums.
Contact Piwik experts if you want to sponsor one or several features from our roadmap.
- Alternative to Google Analytics and Universal Analytics
- Open Platform
- No data limit
- Engineered to last
Our mission statement
“To create, as a community, the leading international open source web analytics platform, that gives every user full control of their data.”
Piwik’s mission statement
Piwik is an open Platform
The Marketplace was officially launched for Piwik 2.0 in December 2013. All plugins developers and themes designers are invited to start building cool new stuff!
To prevent bugs and ensure stable software, Piwik extensively uses automated tests. A large number of tests run automatically after each modification to the source code. Having so many tests in Piwik code base helps us to be agile and release new features regularly while ensuring that the existing features are always working.
We are constantly working hard to ensure that Piwik is a secure software platform. We have already conducted three proactive professional security audits (the latest in Nov 2013). There has been hundreds of professionally trained security experts who scrutinize our source code as part of our bug bounty program.
What is the future of Piwik?
Matthieu, Piwik founder, explains in a blog post the key values that drive the Piwik project, and expand upon our goals and roadmap for both the short and long term future.