Piwik is an open source project. Many people contribute by submitting bug reports, new features and ideas.
Free user support in the Piwik Forums
For any question or bug report, please search the Piwik forums at forum.piwik.org and the FAQ
For feedback or feature requests, you can post in the Piwik Feature Suggestions forum.
For professional support and urgent troubleshooting or custom development, contact us via Professional Services to get Expert Advice!
How to submit a bug?
If you believe you have found a bug in Piwik, please do the following:
- make sure you are using the latest Piwik release
- search in the forum, FAQ and the bug tracker if a similar or the same bug has already been reported.
- if your bug seems new, do you understand how to reproduce it?
- if you are ready to report a bug, register an account in the bug tracker, login and create a new ticket
- make sure the title and description are as descriptive and clear as possible. In the bug description, please post instructions on how to reproduce, data sets that show the error if possible, screenshots, what exactly is not working? Is the issue new to you, or has it always failed? If you give a clear description, you will greatly help developers trying to reproduce and fix the issue.
How to submit a new feature request?
You can tell us what we can do to improve Piwik in the Feature Suggestions forum. Please check that it is not already in the list of Piwik tickets.
When submitting a significant new feature, it is highly recommended to be as descriptive as possible when creating a ticket. The ticket should contain
- a description of the product vision
- a few use cases to show how useful this feature would be
- mockups of what the new screens would be and how the existing screens would have to change
- if applicable, examples of how the feature is implemented in other tools from the competition
Please put as much info as possible as it will help estimating the effort of the task and see how doable it would be (by the Piwik core team or a Piwik consultant). We will help with any technical details and questions outlined in the ticket.
Submit a testimonial on piwik.org
To see what other users are saying about Piwik, check out some user messages and testimonials, and we would really appreciate if you submit your Piwik story here!