If you are building apps for iOS or OSX, you will be able to track your App usage with Piwik. Learn more in this blog post.
Apps & Mobile apps Analytics
Using Piwik to track your app usage would give interesting statistics usage such as:
- number of active users (per day, week, month, ) of my mobile or desktop app,
- how long users spend in the app,
- track which icons, buttons are clicked (or any other custom event),
- record device info, operating system,
- reports on any Custom Variables you that are relevant to your app (see examples below),
how often is the app opened? When and how long is the app opened?
- number of new users, active users, total users,
- record errors or exception thrown
Piwik SDK for iOS
The PiwikTracker is an Objective-C framework (for iOS and OSX) designed to send app usage data to a Piwik analytics server. It is realeased under MIT license. Piwik server is a downloadable, Free/Libre (GPLv3 licensed) real time analytics platform.
- Create a new website in the Piwik web interface called “My App”. Copy the Website ID and the token_auth.
- Download the PiwikTracker SDK.
- Add the PiwikTracker files to your project.
- Create and configure the PiwikTracker.
- Add code in your app to track screen views, events, exceptions, goals and more
- Let the dispatch timer dispatch pending events to the Piwik server, or dispatch events manually.
For more info, check out the Readme.
The latest PiwikTracker version uses ARC and support iOS6+ and OSX 10.7+.
- iOS tracker depends on: Core Data, Core Location, Core Graphics, UIKit and AFNetworking.
- OSX tracker depends on: Core Data, Core Graphics, Cocoa and AFNetworking.
The workspace contains an iPhone demo app that uses and demonstrates the features available in the SDK.
If you use the iOS SDK to track your app, we would like to hear your suggestions, bug reports or general feedback.
We hope to work with you to improve the SDK and move it out of beta!
Please report suggestions, bugs, feature requests in the Github Issues at Piwik iOS SDK.
Happy App Analytics!