Piwik 1.6 is a major upgrade, bringing new features, security fixes, and many bug fixes and improvements!
This release is rated critical. Please update now.
What’s new in Piwik 1.6?
- Ecommerce Analytics improved:
- New: track “price” on Ecommerce product pages
- New: track up to 5 categories for each product page or category page!
- Segmentation improved:
- new segment visitConvertedGoalId to select visits that converted a specific Goal
- new segments pageUrl and pageTitle to select all visits that visited a given Page URL or Page name
- new segments customVariablePageName1, customVariablePageValue1, etc. to select all visits that had a specific Custom Variable with scope ‘page’ set. Until 1.6, Piwik would only segment for Custom Variables with scope ‘visit’.
- Custom Variables improved:
- string limit for Custom Variable name or value is now 200 characters instead of 100
- when a Custom Variable name is set, but the value is empty, Piwik will now aggregate and report these as “Value not defined”
- Dashboard: widgets can now be minimized and maximized for easier analysis
- New plugin ImageGraph: generates static PNG graphs for any Piwik report. The graphs are used in the Piwik Mobile app. Kuddos to Arnfried Weber for this amazing contribution!
- Security: we would like to thank the following people for their responsible disclosure: Alexandru Pitis, Alexander Schmid, Secure Business Austria, Krzysztof Kotowicz, David Vieira-Kurz, Szymon Gruszecki, Mateusz Goik, Mauro Gentile, Corto Gueguen.
Thank you to all these people for disclosing security issues to the Piwik team, ensuring a healthy and safe experience for the whole community!
- Many bug fixes and improvements, see the ticket list below for more details
This new version contains database schema changes so please be careful when running the Update script.
On large Piwik setups, make sure to run the Update Script from the Shell!
After You Update
- If you are using cron-based archiving, make sure the archive.sh script has execute (x) permission set for the cron user.
- Please use the forums for support.
New & Updated documentation and FAQs
- Track Ecommerce updated
- Segmentation in API updated
- Does Piwik work in a load balanced environment? How do I setup Piwik for high scale tracking?
- How do I use the database for session data storage?
- “Segmentation fault Error”. Piwik reporting or via cron crashes with Segmentation Fault error. What to do?
- Piwik reporting UI doesn’t have any css style or, the menu text appears on a white background. How to fix this display problem?
List of 75 tickets closed in this release
- #2437 Segmentation support “select visits which visited this URL”, and “visited this Page Title”
- #2633 Add support for segmentation on “page” scope Custom Variables
- #2564 Custom variables not always set in the conversion when using tracking API
- #1938 ensure that the archive algorithm cannot be triggered multiple times for a same site/period/segment
- #2653 New segment visitConvertedGoalId to select all visits which converted a specific goal
- #2659 Support for Ecommerce analytics multiple categories per product
- #2660 Support for “price” tracking on Ecommerce product page views
- #2299 Tracker API setForceVisitDateTime should accept UNIX Timestamp as well as date time
- #2677 Add a way to “minimize” a widget
- #2671 Limit all Custom vars values and names to 200 instead of 100
- #1721 ImageGraph: export reports as graph
- #2676 Report when custom variable values are empty, grouped in “Value not defined”
- #2568 ”Reuse the existing tables” not displayed when reinstalling piwik in existing database
- #2663 Middle click (open in a new tab) should work as expected for menus, website selector
- #2530 filter only applies to first queried site when date-range is used
- #2519 Double encoding for report name
- #2190 Fix Exclude low population
- #2670 Metadata improvements to generate static graph image URL
- #2581 ZendFramework update 1.11.11
- #2572 Appcelerator Titanium – User Agent Detection
- #2602 Piwik_Session: restore support for file-based sessions
- #2621 UserAgentParser.php: use actual IE version instead IE7 when in compatibility mode
- #2647 New config setting to disable token_auth authentication in tracking requests
- #2648 New config setting to disable browser trigger archiving even for requests with a segment
- #2655 New setting, minimum memory limit to enforce when archiving
- #2668 Usability: when period is week for example, hover in the calendar highlight all days in the week
- #2590 Add link to create a new website in “All websites” dashboard when logged in as Super User
- #2556 Add search engine: Blekko
- #2503 Option to remove “Piwik” from page title
- #2562 Mail with support for non-ssl connections
- #2570 Add search engine mirostart
- #2573 piwik.js: Tracker Proxy doesn’t support _paq.push( item1, item2, … )
- #2582 VisitsSumary EvolutionGraph Widget produces JS error in IE 7 and 8
- #2574 mysql max user connection reached, triggers errors in widgets
- #2604 Unnessary decoding of already decoded strings
- #2559 SEO Widget – incomplete results if URL isn’t simply the domain name
- #2548 Piwik reports 0 visits for single days ni some rare cases
- #2594 assume_secure_protocol is not checked in View
- #2606 Piwik_Url: getCurrentSchema() should check assume_secure_protocol
- #2607 displayed order subtotal value is equal to the quantity of purchased products
- #2622 Unit test ipv6 failing on windows
- #2631 Hexadecimal encoded URLs don’t decoded
- #2576 ”Mysqli prepare error” on idSite=0
- #2649 Forced Segments to pre-processed are actually not completely processed
- #2635 Naver as referer and search engine, not properly counted or shown
- #2569 Google Mobile Image Search not recognized
- #2616 Update deprecated Froogle product search to Google Shopping
- #2579 Piwik CSS bug in dashboard when a widget returns an error
- #2508 2 goal conversions in the same second, or a page view and goal in same second results in one request being ignored
- #2661 Double visits when refreshing cart page
- #2665 Invalid markup on Login page
- #2674 Product reports for date range does not show Visits metrics
- #2675 When piwik maintenance is enabled, API should return an error in the specified format
- #2679 Allow JSONP parameter name to be either “callback” or ” jsoncallback”
- #2613 Email Reports: minor error in UI text
- #2667 Remove “visits” from Custom Variables names report since it is incorrect
- #2662 Actions.getPageTitle and getPageUrl should work like other API methods with date=last30
- #2664 Small usability changes to Goal report
- #2636 Division by zero in core/Visualization/Cloud.php on line 59
- #2578 Notice: Undefined offset: 1308009600 in /core/Archive/Array/IndexedByDate.php on line 135
- #2535 .travel TLD not supported
- #2493 Full header message not working on touch devices
- #2464 No Special Characters in SMTP Settings
- #2646 No Unique Returning Visitors with period=week for VisitFrequency.get
- #2684 Handle missing config file setting with a clean error message
- #2689 Ecommerce tracking: cart not deleted when order is made
- #2693 Google silently changed Pagerank lookup-URL
- #2707 Error exporting Ecommerce log in CSV (works in XML)
- #2583 UserAgentParser: Safari 5.1 unit tests
- #2626 Load testing Script helper: copy visits/pages/conversions from custom date range to today
- #2585 Add search engine toolbarhome.com
- #2642 HTML Validation Errors in Tracking Code
- #2392 PDF reports – long lines overflow into adjacent cell, or truncated
- #2694 UserAgentParser: should report Android’s browser as Safari