Piwik 1.5 is a major upgrade, bringing a few new features:
- Ecommerce Analytics
- Custom Variables for each page view
- Graphs in Canvas+Jquery – no more Flash graphs!
- Upload your Custom Logo
- IP Anonymization now possible from the Analytics Privacy Settings
- and more!
It contains many database schema changes so please be careful when running the Update script.
On large Piwik setups, make sure to run the Update Script from the Shell!
After You Update
- If you are using cron-based archiving, make sure the archive.sh script has execute (x) permission set for the cron user.
- Please use the forums for support.
New & Updated documentation and FAQs
- Ecommerce Analytics
- Custom Variables
- Can I customize the Piwik logo in the reports, emails and login screen?
- How do I track Ecommerce orders, details of purchased products and abandoned carts on my website?
- What is a Product SKU in the Ecommerce Analytics report?
- How do I purge Piwik logs?
- When I enable “Purge old logs” in the Privacy settings, how do I ensure all historical reports are kept?
- How does Piwik ensure Privacy of my Analytics data, and Privacy of my website Visitors?
List of 55 tickets closed in this release
- #898 Piwik Ecommerce Tracking!
- #2373 Inline Documentation
- #2432 Track & Report on Custom Variables per page view
- #2008 Allow customizing the Piwik logo
- #2233 User Privacy plugin, consolidate privacy protection features
- #5 Tables log_ are not purged after archiving is done
- #2434 All API functions (including Actions.* and Goals.*) should support all segments
- #2425 Website selector inline search should allow to specify the site ID in the search
- #2181 Show download link to Piwik Mobile app when user is browsing with iOS/Android
- #2444 HTTP_HOST mangling causes Login to fail for some users
- #2417 Fatal error: Call to undefined method Piwik_DataTable_Array::getRows() in /var/www/piwik/core/DataTable/Renderer/Html.php on line 83
- #2400 Inline search: & becomes &
- #2384 Update to jslint 2011-05-17
- #2412 Zend Framework 1.11.6 update
- #2428 Update .swf’s to use newer cache buster tag
- #2403 1.4 update – race conditions
- #1948 Tracker: review Smartbot filter for Live/Bing
- #2447 Update Opera icon
- #2449 failed fopen() generates E_WARNING
- #2458 Simplify Visitor Generator > Use piwik access logs
- #2485 Remove CSS3PIE
- #2376 Exclude Yottaa bot from visits
- #2401 PDF: Add page numbers
- #2426 LOAD DATA (LOCAL) INFILE – pick “best” strategy at runtime
- #2304 Update search engine detection for Yahoo! and Babylon
- #1869 Outgoing HTTP proxy (host:port and authorization)
- #2441 Piwik_Http: custom headers, and file_get_contents
- #2443 FAQ: configure forward proxy settings
- #1279 Custom (“user”) session handler using database (ie MySQL) instead of “files”
- #2414 Metadata support for lastX & previousX
- #2378 Playstation 3 not recognized
- #2380 MariaDB – SQL update fails for 1.4
- #2381 Error in report “visits by server time” when there is no visit
- #2383 memory_limit = -1 not handled correctly
- #2385 inet_pton/inet_ntop functions may be missing in some non-Windows PHP builds
- #2399 Error when creating PDF where server has limited GET url, “Please specify a value for ‘reports’.”
- #2406 Empty Expires: headers causes proxy cache to not cache the request
- #2398 Apostrophes in sitename – problem with site dropdown list
- #2335 Metadata filter_truncate slightly buggy: “Others” shows as “Othersh” in the VisitTime output
- #2409 ErrorHandler.php: Cannot use output buffering in output buffering display handlers
- #2424 When invalid parameters in URL hash tag, dashboard/reports keep reloading infinitely instead of displaying error message
- #1975 Some goals have conversion rate more than 100%
- #2387 Visitor Log to show one day too early in some cases
- #2446 PDF Email report
- #2416 After upgrading to 1.4, Live Plugin embeded as a widget causes user to be redirected to Piwik login screen
- #2438 Metadata API should not remove zero hour elements in VisitTime reports
- #2484 Visual Menu bug in IE7
- #2123 UI: replace confirm() and alert() with jQuery-UI dialog
- #2415 simplify language and website selection
- #2407 Add a preference for de/activating the All Site auto refresh
- #2479 Search Engines – update
- #2386 Problem with ampersand in Website Chooser
- #2395 “Previous” Paging in visitor log always comes back to first page, but still shows “Previous”
- #2427 Fix title “All Websites dashboard (xx visits, xx actions)” in rtl languages